If chicken is a part of your dog's diet, this is an important food recall! Sanderson Farms is recalling 554,090 pounds of poultry.
These products may be "contaminated with extraneous metal materials."
What products should I avoid and/or discard?
All of this information is directly sourced from the USDA
- 70-lb. cases containing “YOUNG CHICKEN PARTS JUMBO BONELESS SKINLESS BREAST FILLETS WITH RIB MEAT” with case code 45017.
- 70-lb. cases containing “YOUNG CHICKEN PARTS JUMBO CLIPPED TENDERLOINS” with case code 45092.
- 70-lb. cases containing “YOUNG CHICKEN PARTS JUMBO BONELESS SKINLESS BREAST BUTTERFLIES WITH RIB MEAT” with case code 45015.
- 70-lb. cases and 1800-lb. combos containing “FRESH YOUNG CHICKEN PARTS BREAST FRAMES” with case code 45969.
What else do I need to know?
also tells us: "The products subject to recall bear the establishment number 'EST. P-247' inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to processing facilities in Georgia and Louisiana."
This is a Class 1 recall, with a level of high adverse side affects. This means there is a likelihood it will cause health problems, sickness, and even death.
Do not consume these foods yourself or give them to your pup. Return the food to your local supermarket or grocer.
If you have any further questions, here are three options:
- Chat online with a representative. "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov
- Or, ask on a smartphone at m.askkaren.gov
- Call a toll free number. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is live from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
H/t via United States Department Of Agriculture
Featured image via CaninetoFive Detroit