Ok first, let's define the term dingus just to make sure we're all on the same page. A dingus is a dog that, hard as they try, just can't be smooth.
This is a dingus:
Not a dingus:
Not a dingus.
Not a dingus.
You get it. Let's take a look at some of the most fascinating behaviors of this remarkable, remarkable breed.
1. They have resting doofus face.
2. They are always showing teeth, but not in an aggressive way. In a "Why are you doing that with your face?" kind of way.
3. They randomly hump the air for no reason and it makes everyone outrageously uncomfortable. Like seriously, if you were actually humping another dog, a pillow, or even a leg it would be one thing. But humping the AIR? That is just weird.
4. They do not understand the concept of glass doors.
5. They get so excited when their hooman comes back after 20 minutes that they forget they're attached to a leash.
6. They never understand why everyone is laughing. It's because you have food on your face, ya dingus.
7. They have no concept of personal space.
Like at all.
Seriously, at all.
8. They always look lost.
9. They do NOT know how to position their bodies in a natural way on a piece of furniture.
This cannot be the most comfortable way you could be sitting, Wheeler. But you do you.
What's happening here...
10. For some reason when they sit they always look like they're about to slide into a split.
11. They're too passive to ask to play so they just sit there like, "Oh hey I'm available whenever it's convenient."
12. They have irrational fears that make no sense. Like spoons, feathers, soda cans, or even their own poop.
"MAAHMMM IT'S COMING OUT HAAALPPPPPP"
13. They have trouble making decisions.
14. They never get shotgun. Dingus is always in the back like...
15. They even manage to make sleeping look awkward.
16. But ultimately, all Dinguses are proud of their Dingus-hood. Admit it, you have to commend them for that.
Featured image via Teddy The Spazman
Is your dog a dingus? Fill out this form
and you could be featured as our Dingus Of The Week!