Some pups have to be no more than six inches from their people, and they’ll be doing to your legs what cats do to their
If this sounds familiar, you may have a stage five velcro pup on your hands. These dogs are furry, less-silent shadows who need to keep tabs on you at all times, but you know you kind of love it.
If you’re part of the VDA (Velcro Dogs Anonymous) club, then you probably know all about these 20 truths of owning a clingy canine.
1. You learn to pee in front of a live audience.
2. You feel guilty going to work…
3. … and getting the mail, and taking out the garbage.
4. You must take small, cautious steps to avoid tripping.
5. And you always check behind you before turning around.
6. You’re careful getting up from the couch because you might step on doggo.
7. Once your dog falls asleep on or near you, it is both illegal and frowned upon to disturb him.
8. They’re always close. Too close. Stock up on lint rollers.
9. You make plans with your pup in mind… if they can’t go, you probably won’t either.
10. That feeling you’re being watched? It’s not in your head, but you get used to it.
11. You find yourself bringing home presents to apologize for leaving in the first place.
12. When you sit down, so does he.
13. They’re always unintentionally photobombing pictures.
14. When you go to the park, your dog would rather be by your side than play with the other dogs.
15. Getting into a new relationship? Good luck, because your dog already thinks he’s your SO.
16. Good pictures are impossible…
17. … and personal bubbles don’t exist.
18. No, seriously.
19. They all think they’re lap dogs, no matter how small your lap is.
20. Best of all, the hugs and kisses never, ever stop.