Ask professional athletes what they're thankful for, and you'll probably hear them mention their fans. Sure, we all just assume they mean humans, but a quick look through their social media profiles proves that the best kind of sports fan is one who begs for belly rubs, not autographs. ;)
Here are 30 famous athletes who are thankful for their pups in this year:
1. Joseph Fauria (tight end for the Detroit Lions) is thankful for his Pomsky @lil_rufio, despite the famous potty training incident. "Nothing compares to the bond between a man and his dog (even when he sidelines you for a month+)."
2. Former MLB player Jose Canseco often tweets about his furbabies when he's not busy pulling weird pranks.
3. Professional surfer Mick Fanning posted: "Harper is psyched this summer is coming in hot."
4. LPGA golfer Michelle Wie, who often takes her pup Lola to the driving range, is thankful for "morning snuggle time with my baby."
5. Roy Hibbert (center for the Indiana Pacers) is glad to have his German Shepherd Tyson and French Bulldog Sadie "right by my side always!"
6. Mike Conley (point guard for the Memphis Grizzlies) is happy he's got a pup willing to lend a paw. Here's his German Shepherd Rio "trying to help put the piano stand together! #mansbestfriend."
7. Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder) is thankful for his pup's love, even if it comes with a price: "I missed my girl. She's happy to see me or maybe it was the bacon I had in my hand. Either way I love her #YoungZo."
8. Trevor Ariza (Houston Rockets) is thankful for "man's best friend #bowzer."
9. Adrian Clayborn (defensive end for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) is thankful for dog selfies with his pups King and Ace:
10. Taj Gibson (forward for the Chicago Bulls) is thankful for his loyal girl.
11. Gordon Hayward (Utah Jazz) about German Shepherd Siber: "You can just call him Air-Siber #mykindofdog #beast."
12. Olympic gymnast Jordyn Wieber is thankful for her "favorite boy #CharlieChoo."
13. Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors) is thankful for lazy days with "Rocco the K9 male model."
14. Pau Gasol (Chicago Bulls) is thankful for his "new family member! I introduce you to ... #Linda!!!"
15. Kraig Urbik (offensive guard with the Buffalo Bills) is thankful for Pug-sized football jerseys. (And so are we!):
16. Olympic track and field athlete Allyson Felix is thankful for Skype, which she uses to call Chloe when on the road. "When I travel, you know, she stays with my mom. And my mom puts her up on the camera and so we just have a good time."
17. Logan Thomas (quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals) is grateful for his new pup, who he brags is "getting big! 5 1/2 months and she's 33 lbs."
18. Also excited about his growing puppy is Vernon Davis (San Francisco 49ers), who shared this adora-bull pic with his fans on Instagram: "My Cookie getting big! #familytime #dmv."
19. Russell Wilson (quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks): "I love coming home to this every night..."
20. 6-time WTA Player of the Year Serena Williams is a bone-a-fide dog lover who's grateful for notes like this one from her beloved Chip:
21. Ricardo Kaká (São Paulo FC) is thankful for his Golden Retriever Mel's puppies, who he calls his "grandchildren."
22. Vinnie Sunseri (safety for the New Orleans Saints) is grateful for two things:
23. LPGA golfer Paula Creamer is thankful for her pup Studley, and that "at least he takes ownership of his mistakes.....Not a good puppy but I still love him. #StudleyMan."
24. Steve Weatherford (punter for the New York Giants) is glad to be "watchin' some football with my roll dogs... #Yoda #Ace #TeamWeatherford."
25. Eric Decker (wide receiver for the New York Jets) shows his gratitude for our returning military veterans through work with his foundation, Deckers Dogs.
26. Mark Sanchez (quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles) is thankful his Instagram fans gave him name suggestions for his new puppy, who he almost named "Churro."
27. Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers) loves to spend a "cool day with my little man Drew, *of course named after Uncle Drew* lol."
28. Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton shared this about his pup Roscoe: "It's always hard to leave my best buddy, but I'll be right back #RoadtoAbuDhabi #roscoe #bestdogsintheworld #AbuDhabiGP."
29. British tennis player Laura Robson is thankful for "puppy therapy," often posting pics of sweet puppies like this one on Instagram.
30. Matt Beleskey (left winger for the Anaheim Ducks) is glad for slobbery reunions with his Bulldog.
What are you thankful for this year? Let us know in the comments below! :D
Interested in more content like this? Sniff this related article: 26 Of The Most Influential And Inspiring Internet Dogs Of Our Time.
Does your dog get more likes than you do? We’d love for you to join our BarkPack. BarkPack is for pups with an engaged social media presence interested in getting paid to spoil your dog. Head to www.barkbox.com/barkpack to sign up!
Featured image via @joefauria