Ask professional athletes what they’re thankful for, and you’ll probably hear them mention their fans. Sure, we all just assume they mean humans, but a quick look through their social media profiles proves that the best kind of sports fan is one who begs for belly rubs, not autographs. 😉
Here are 30 famous athletes who are thankful for their pups in this year:
1. Joseph Fauria (tight end for the Detroit Lions) is thankful for his Pomsky @lil_rufio, despite the famous potty training incident. “Nothing compares to the bond between a man and his dog (even when he sidelines you for a month+).”
2. Former MLB player Jose Canseco often tweets about his furbabies when he’s not busy pulling weird pranks.
4 years ago @ModelLeila & I delivered puppies Bear and Chapstick from Lily & now they r 4 yrs old & still our babies. pic.twitter.com/VsiMtTm0c2
— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) October 28, 2014
3. Professional surfer Mick Fanning posted: “Harper is psyched this summer is coming in hot.”
4. LPGA golfer Michelle Wie, who often takes her pup Lola to the driving range, is thankful for “morning snuggle time with my baby.”
6. Mike Conley (point guard for the Memphis Grizzlies) is happy he’s got a pup willing to lend a paw. Here’s his German Shepherd Rio “trying to help put the piano stand together! #mansbestfriend.”
7. Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder) is thankful for his pup’s love, even if it comes with a price: “I missed my girl. She’s happy to see me or maybe it was the bacon I had in my hand. Either way I love her #YoungZo.”
8. Trevor Ariza (Houston Rockets) is thankful for “man’s best friend #bowzer.”
9. Adrian Clayborn (defensive end for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) is thankful for dog selfies with his pups King and Ace:
10. Taj Gibson (forward for the Chicago Bulls) is thankful for his loyal girl.
11. Gordon Hayward (Utah Jazz) about German Shepherd Siber: “You can just call him Air-Siber #mykindofdog #beast.”
13. Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors) is thankful for lazy days with “Rocco the K9 male model.”
15. Kraig Urbik (offensive guard with the Buffalo Bills) is thankful for Pug-sized football jerseys. (And so are we!):
Henry is dressed up as Daddy this year. We totally slacked in the costume dept. #gobills #muscleman pic.twitter.com/ctOSVqe6A3
— Emily Urbik (@emilyurbik) October 31, 2014
16. Olympic track and field athlete Allyson Felix is thankful for Skype, which she uses to call Chloe when on the road. “When I travel, you know, she stays with my mom. And my mom puts her up on the camera and so we just have a good time.”
19. Russell Wilson (quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks): “I love coming home to this every night…”
21. Ricardo Kaká (São Paulo FC) is thankful for his Golden Retriever Mel’s puppies, who he calls his “grandchildren.”
Some football and relaxation with the pup. https://t.co/00TYHd7lBE pic.twitter.com/vK1NLJ1A1J
— Vinnie Sunseri (@vsunseri3) November 8, 2014
23. LPGA golfer Paula Creamer is thankful for her pup Studley, and that “at least he takes ownership of his mistakes…..Not a good puppy but I still love him. #StudleyMan.”
Look out Cali! Guess who’s back ?? #reunitedanditfeelssogood pic.twitter.com/qbeYhv15kT
— Matt Beleskey (@Matt_Beleskey) September 22, 2014
What are you thankful for this year? Let us know in the comments below! 😀
Interested in more content like this? Sniff this related article: 26 Of The Most Influential And Inspiring Internet Dogs Of Our Time.
Does your dog get more likes than you do? We’d love for you to join our BarkPack. BarkPack is for pups with an engaged social media presence interested in getting paid to spoil your dog. Head to www.barkbox.com/barkpack to sign up!