Welcome to BarkBites
! Each week we’ll show you how to whip up a quick, easy, and delicious treat for your pooch. What are you waiting for?! Let’s get cookin’!
This week we're making Banana & Carob "Brownie" Bites, a guilt-free dessert treat you and your dog will both enjoy! When you choose a natural sweetener like honey over processed sugar and swap out chocolate for its much healthier cousin carob, you're left with a sweet, satisfying brownie bite you can feel good about sharing with your dog.
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Carob Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Cups Oat Flour
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
Whachu' Gonna Do:
- Peel and mash your banana with a fork until mostly smooth.
- Add in your coconut oil, honey, oat flour, and eggs and stir to combine.
- Mix in your baking powder, cinnamon, and carob powder. Fold with a wooden spoon until a thick dough forms.
- Coat your hands with a touch of coconut oil and roll out balls of dough. Feel free to make them larger or smaller depending on the size of your dog. Place each on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the "Brownies" at 350°
for 20-25 minutes
- Allow to cool fully before giving to your dog but feel free to enjoy them yourself while they are still a little warm.
Hooman Serving Suggestion:
While our pooches preferred these treats straight up, we found them delicious served with a few strawberry slices and some vanilla ice cream!
Bone Appetit! See you next week!