Rats aren't for everyone, but I happen to think they're adorable. I see them on the subway tracks and they entertain me to no end. Pet rats are much cleaner than "wild" ones. The creatures are tidy, intelligent, and an ideal pet for people who live in smaller spaces. Obviously
, dogs are the cutest, best, most amazing animals in the world. So when a dog and a rat pair up on Instagram? BRB, melting.
Chicago therapy dog Osiris has a rodent BFF named Riff Rat. The Dutch Shepherd is 3-years-old, and the rat is 3-months-old (which is, like, the same age in rat years. I think.) They have a relationship full of trust, affection, and lots of mutual tongue baths. Squee!!!
1. The unlikely pair at home.
2. "Sometimes we play fetch. Even though the ball's bigger than me." - Riff Rat
3. "I like giving him baths. He tastes good! I mean, not like I want to eat him kind of good. I would never eat my best buddy!" - Osiris
4. "It takes him a little longer to clean me, but he's very attentive to detail." - Osiris
5. "Sometimes we let the human hang out with us." - Riff Rat
6. "He always stands up for me when it counts." - Osiris
7. "We can't technically see eye-to-eye, but we can meet nose-to-nose!" - Riff
8. "He always nose what's going on in my life." - Osiris
9. "In this world, true friendship is hard to find. We're so lucky." - Riff Rat
Follow the pair's adorable antics on their Instagram account, @osirisandriff
Featured image via instagram.com/osirisandriffh/t Mashable