There are so many benefits to having a dog. They love you unconditionally, cheer you up when you’re feeling low, and help you keep the doctor away. But did you know that they can also be used in other more constructive ways?
Here are 12 ways you can totally use your dog as an excuse to…well, as an excuse.
1. To explain to all your friends that keep posting on FB about their weddings/engagements/babies that you DO have an S.O. and your relationship doesn’t have a 50% chance of ending in divorce..
2. To reassure yourself tidying up is not a priority, even when company is expected.
3. To get out of a bad date.
4. To justify staying on the couch all day, despite the 5 events you replied “Yes” to.
5. To take care of the food you dropped on the floor (if, of course, if it’s safe for them to eat).
6. To shut up people who ask you if you’re dating someone.
7. To shut up
your mother other people who want to know when you’ll have kids.
8. To shut up yet OTHER people who accuse you of not being grown up.
9. To blame your farts on.
10. To flirt successfully.
11. To not change out of pjs before going outside in like, public. Where others can see you.
12. To anyone who asks, “Do you workout a lot?”