They say pets are good for the soul... these pups took that advice to heart. Dogs may be man's best friend, but a dog's best friend? Let's just say some pups have adopted pets of their own and not all of them are the kind you'd expect. Friendship comes in many forms, after all!
1. This dog may think he wears the pants in their relationship, but his pet squirrel is obviously the one who always comes out ahead.
2. Nothing like a quick head nuzzle between deer old friends.
3. When it comes to pets, this dog subscribes to the "go big or go home" philosophy.
4. This dog, however, strongly believes that good pets come in small packages (himself included).
5. When it comes to pet parenting, these pups always have their ducks in a row.
6. Bella understood that while some pets may not seem like the best fit at first, sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith... and Bubbles the elephant will be forever grateful that she did!
7. As Bob the Golden Retriever always says, "Pets...one may be fun, but seven is heaven!"
8. This big floof floof never turns down a chance to hug it out with his pet goat.
9. There's no monkeying around when it comes to the bond between a dog and his pet!
10. Love: If you're not using tongue, you're not doing it right.
11. What did the German Shepard say to his pet bird? Owl always love you!
12. Pet parenting is...just two old friends sharing a laugh.
13. These two ferocious floofs prove that having a pet is not only fun, but can also help break stereotypes too.
14. Because when it comes to having a pet of your very own, it's not about their breed, where they came from, or even if society thinks you're "mortal enemies"...
15. It's about lifting each other up (in every sense of the word) and being there for one another when you need it most.
Featured image via @mangkudchi