German Shepherds are known for a lot of things. Unfortunately, their reputation inspires some, ahem, colorful stereotypes. Below, 15 of the worst.
1. “Do you let him inside?”
He actually kind of lets us inside.
2. They’re such smart dogs!
I mean, we all have our days….
3. “You’re just gonna get one, right?”
Um, yeah. Sure. Uh huh. One.
4. “It’s not a matter of if they’re going to bite… it’s when.”
You mean like, when I can bite dis cupcake?
5. “He just looks so intimidating…”
I’m also intimidated.
6. “I should get a dog like that. My Pomeranian wakes me up every morning!”
You clearly have not been woken up with the force of a thousand suns.
7. “Does she get along with other dogs?”
Umm… you could say that?
8. “Does she shed?”
Not at all! We actually have two dogs. The one on the left is named Claritin.
9. “You let him on your BED?!”
Correction, hooman. He lets us on his bed.
10. “German Shepherds are such brave dogs.”
Yeah, so… have you ever met a German Shepherd?
11. “They were bred to attack, you know.”
Yeah, we pretty much sleep in fear every night.
12. “Dogs should stay dogs. They shouldn’t do jobs.”
Really? And crush this dog’s dreams of being the world’s greatest snow shoveler?
13. “Their ears are too big.”
*gasp* They heard that.
14. “Hey, at least they never cave in to peer pressure.”
Well, almost never.
15. “I just don’t think I could handle a dog that aggressive.”
So. Much. Aggression.