Sure, having a dog is a wonderful, incredible, life-affirming thing. But it's also a lot
of work. This is a job that sometimes requires you be up-all-night, to obsess all day, to cancel plans at the drop of a hat. It's the best thing you'll ever do, but it's far from easy.
1. You are always on cuddle call.
Don't want to be touched? Too bad. You're about to get pawed.
2. You will sometimes fear you may overheat from said cuddle call, but you must endure.
Because your pup turns into a hot pocket right away. Great for winter. Not so ideal for summer.
3. Your cuticles will sometimes ache from scratching your pooch too much.
Rover needs scratches and you need a manicure. Time to book that appointment.
4. You will agonize over choosing just the right toys.
Anything less than perfection simply isn't good enough for your favorite dog in the world. Now what won't he shred in five seconds...
5. And choosing the perfect costume.
Style counts and Facebook photos are forever.
6. Walking makes your gym membership pretty pointless.
Were you really going to lift weights, anyway?
7. Dealing with strangers' small talk about how precious your pup is.
OK, yeah, we know. *eye roll* Is that a text? Excuse me, I need to talk to my mother-in-law now.
8. You always know that someone is at home, missing you.
Oh, to be loved and remembered! As long as he doesn't eat the sofa while you're out.
9. Picking up poops big and small.
Sometimes they're so massive it doesn't really make sense.
Featured Image via smerikal / Flickr