As an introvert with social anxiety, a huge portion of my mental energy throughout the day is dedicated to predicting & avoiding potential awkward moments, and then ruminating over past ones. I try and find healthy ways to cope, like projecting my perpetual fear of awkwardness into dog memes on @barkpost
Here are 24 of the most #PawkwardMoments you will find on our Instagram account.
1. WTF I thought we were a team?!
2. "So, about last night..."-Said no dog ever.
3. A perfect example of second-hand awkwardness.
4. "THANKS FOR BRINGING THAT UP MOM."
6. If you can get through this one, your relationship is in great shape.
7. You wake up like: "Why did I do this to myself? Oh yeah, I had three glasses of merlot and thought I enjoyed forced human interaction."
8. He is the bringer of pizza and breadsticks, after all.
10. Careers have been ruined over this one.
11. This is why there should be warnings in movies.
12. There's no "right time" to tell someone they have a bat in the cave. If you see something, say something.
13. "Is this a butt dial? I hope it's a butt dial."
14. "HELLO MR. ANDERSON IF YOU DON'T MIND I'M JUST GOING TO DIVE INTO THIS BUSH AND ESCAPE FOREVER THANKS BYE"
15. Do you ever try to think what life was like before cell phones? What did we do with our hands?
16. Me, in any club. Because my idea of a "scene" is my couch and my dog.
17. THIS IS WORSE THAN "REPLY ALL". Seriously. OOF.
18. Assertiveness is hard, OK?
19. Shout out to everyone whose emotions are sealed in one of those pickle jars that you wrestle with for like 20 minutes and desperately want someone to help you open but you don't want to ask because you hate being vulnerable. I mean, what?
20. "Not cool, Ted. NOT COOL."
21. What about "Sure! Do you want regular or soy milk?" makes you think you're still not in latte debt, Carl?
22. Expectation: Get business drunk and talk about best marketing practices. Reality: Avoids every conversation and looks at dogs on Instagram.
Make sure to follow @barkpost
on Instagram for more weirdness.
Featured image via @SadChihuahua