One of the cool things about being a dog-friendly company is that our lunchtime conversations tend to focus on all things dog. We all share tidbits about our dogs’ lives, including all the TMI details. We also kvetch about pup parent pawblems, like how Andi the WienerDog ate a whole sandwich and gassed the office with deadly farts, or the rude things people say to us when walking down the street with our Pittie.
So we decided to ask our pawsome followers over on Facebook what other things Pit Bull parents are sick and tired of hearing from people, and these were the results:
1. “Those types of dogs are vicious and should be killed.”
2. “‘They all turn… every single one. It’s in their blood.’ Guess they’re right, Lulu turned into a cupcake holder.”
3. “How will you stop them from fighting each other?”
4. “Did you know where I live, you can’t breed Pit Bulls, and soon you won’t be able to own them. It’s for the best, really, they are a dangerous breed.”
5. “They can’t be trusted.”
6. “I can’t believe you brought a dog LIKE THAT in public.”
7. “They are dangerous and unpredictable.”
8. “I can’t believe you trust them around your baby. Don’t you think they will think he’s a toy of prey to attack?”
9. “You better get rid of it before bringing your son home, she’ll hurt him.”
10. “They were bred to kill!”
11. “It’s a matter of when, not if, he will bite.”
12. “We’re a pet friendly condo, but we don’t allow aggressive breeds like yours.”
13. “Oh she’s too sweet to be full Pit. There’s gotta be some Lab in her.” WTF. No, she’s actually part unicorn.
14. “She may be nice now, but when the baby comes it’ll change…she’s a Pit Bull.”
15. “There’s no such thing as a good Pit Bull. They’re all inherently dangerous.”
16. “You let her that close to your face???”
17. “Don’t you want kids someday? Aren’t you worried they will attack your kids?”
18. “I will never let my kids around Pit Bulls.”
19. “You know their jaws lock, don’t you?”
20. “Be careful, he’s got some pit in him.”
What else are you Pit Bull parents tired of hearing? Let us know in the comments below!