1. Puglet the Green Pug RecyclesThe ultimate recycling dog, Puglet the Green Pug shows that anyone can help out the environment and reduce their carbon paw print. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKoLBSK8SSE&list=PL5430CA5F5486199D
2. Using Nature's RestroomDogs don't need a fancy bathroom with lavender soaps and potpourri. They prefer the great outdoors, which saves water and energy! [caption id="attachment_12063" align="aligncenter" width="720"] "Seriously, 30 dogs and only one peeing tree open? This is ridiculous."[/caption]
3. Burying ThingsBy digging up the soil and exposing it to air, as well as burying bones and food, dogs help renew and enrich the environment. But mostly they just don't want Buster, the sneaky neighbor dog, to get their treasured item. [caption id="attachment_12064" align="aligncenter" width="425"] "Don't tell me I can't dig to China!"[/caption]
4. Picking Up and Disposing of Unwanted Items
Dogs have the uncanny ability to dispose of hoomans unwanted items. However, not all pups do this the appropriate way. Just remember, their hearts are in the right place.[caption id="attachment_12065" align="aligncenter" width="500"] "Listen hooman, let's just agree that this is part my fault and part your fault...but mostly your fault."[/caption]
5. Dogs Love to Walk...EverywhereOne of the energy conserving traits dogs posses is their love for walking as a form of transportation. [caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="550"] "Ok, team meeting. We are about to go to PetSmart, so if anyone needs to use the fire hydrant, do it now because I'm not stopping!"[/caption]
6. Dogs are 'Diehard' About RecyclingUm, to be honest, this really has nothing to do with recycling, it's just awesome. I'll try to tie it in. Let's see, how about, "Dogs don't waste electricity or need shoes...just like John McClain." There, that suffices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9aUg7PgiqA
7. The Power Saving DogThis heroic pup shows us how to conserve water, energy, and toast. Remember folks, always finish your toast, because it is delicious...and your dog probably wants it too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjdV4LXPeo
8. Eating Poop
Yep, just what you think it is. Dogs eat poop. It's no mystery. By eating that poop, they are cleaning up the Earth and reducing methane...until they poop again. Hmm, the vicious poop cycle strikes again. Very well, you win this round poop. (Apologies if you are offended by the word poop)[caption id="attachment_12067" align="aligncenter" width="650"] "We are conservationists. Disgusting little conservationists."[/caption]
9. Dogs Protect Endangered Animals
On Warrnambool’s Middle Island, off the south coast of Australia, Maremma sheepdogs are used to protect the endangered Little Penguin. The dogs bond with the penguins and keep them safe from predators during low tide.
When asked for a comment, here's what these dogs said. "If you are looking for ransom, we can tell you we don't have money. What we do have are a very particular set of skills; skills we have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make us a nightmare for people like you. If you let our penguins go now, that'll be the end of it. We will not look for you, we will not pursue you. But if you don't, we will look for you, we will find you, and we will kill you."[caption id="attachment_12068" align="aligncenter" width="530"] "Dude, Elma, I just watched that movie 'Taken' and I'm totally going to use that quote in my interview about Earth Day tomorrow."[/caption]
10. Planting Trees, Flowers, etc.
Because they are expert diggers, dogs are sometimes called in to oversee the excavation and planting of trees, flowers, etc. Being the nature lovers they are, pups love to help![caption id="attachment_12070" align="aligncenter" width="620"] "After you finish planting that tree, dig another hole over there so I can bury my tennis ball...and my bone...and my rope toy...and the cat's bowl."[/caption]
11. Dogs Air Dry
One of our favorite things about pups is how they dry. Shaking like a polaroid picture (yes, I realize I just dated myself), dogs are great at conserving energy nature's way.[caption id="attachment_12091" align="aligncenter" width="600"] "I don't always shake dry, but when I do, I make sure I do it near a dry hooman."[/caption]
12. Dogs Pre-Clean the Dishes
(In my Billy Mays voice) "Do you hate food stuck on your dishes? Tired of always having to clean them again AFTER going through the dishwasher? Then I have the product for you! Doggy Licks! Doggy Licks is a great product that pre-cleans your dishes and readies them for the dishwasher!" (Billy Mays was a really cool dude)[caption id="attachment_12107" align="aligncenter" width="400"] "You can purchase Doggy Licks for just 3 easy payments of 2 belly rubs and a game of fetch! But call now and we'll double your order!"[/caption]
13. Tubby the Recycling Dog
A yellow lab named Tubby has helped his owner gather and recycle over 26,000 plastic bottles! He even made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most bottles recycled by a dog! Read Tubby's story here.[caption id="attachment_12108" align="aligncenter" width="396"] "I am Tubby. Master of the plastic bottle. Devourer of litter. Champion of recycling. Expert at the dog paddle. Fan of squeaky toys and Aquafina bottles.[/caption]
14. Dogs Locate Rare Live Animals and Plants
Dogs have the amazing ability to locate and track endangered live animals and plants. According to an article on Mother Nature Network, "Canine conservation projects include tracking jaguars in the Amazon rain forest and Mexico and monitoring Asiatic black bears classified as vulnerable in China."[caption id="attachment_12118" align="aligncenter" width="500"] "Follow me hooman, I am the GPS now."[/caption]
Featured Image from Here.